Religious Education Classes for
Pre-K through 5th Grade
Classes are held on
Sunday mornings (during the school year)
in the Religious Education Building.
9:30am - 10:45am
Classes begin Sept. 11th !
Arrival & Dismissal:
- Upon arrival, children go directly to their assigned classroom.
- Upon dismissal, 4 year olds through 3rd grade must be picked up at the classroom by a parent or older sibling.
- 4th grade and older can be dismissed from the classroom. Children must wait on the sidewalk or grass area until a parent or guardian arrives.
Drivers - VERY IMPORTANT:
- The SAFETY of ALL CHILDREN & YOUTH is of absolute IMPORTANCE!
- Please follow the designated arrows which circle the large oak tree when dropping off children for RE and Youth Groups.
- Vehicles should not enter the NO PARKING areas CLOSEST TO THE RE BUILDING marked with orange stripes.
- Please abide by the speed limits, especially on Ivy and 17th Street.
- Avoiding 17th Street is highly recommended.
- The children will be using the Sadlier curriculum, “We Believe with Project Disciple”, which is built on the six tasks of catechesis: pray, learn, celebrate, share, choose and live.
- Students are issued a HNJ tote to carry their textbook, papers, and crafts to and from classes each week. Parents are asked to check the bag each week and read assigned Chapter with child.
- The Sadlier website, https://www.religion.sadlierconnect.com/wbpd has many resources available to parents, children and catechists alike. Feel free to visit!
Regular attendance is expected of all students. Please contact Lisa Sherwin if your child or youth is absent so that we can check after your child’s well being and if appropriate, send make up lessons home.
Conduct & Discipline:
Proper conduct toward adults, each other and HNJ property in the form of respect and courtesy is expected of all children and youth before, during, and after class. If your student is experiencing difficulties please contact Lisa Sherwin or Pia Elsesser.