First Communion candidates should:
Candidates must also meet these requirements:
- Be about seven years of age
- Regularly attend Sunday Mass
- Have participated in the parish Religious Education program for one year
Holy Name of Jesus Parish will:
- Child must be baptized – a copy of baptismal certificate is required.
- Any child baptized in a Christian tradition other than Catholic must make a Profession of Faith.
- Must be properly instructed in each of the sacraments.
- Child must celebrate First Reconciliation prior to First Communion.
Preparation for the Sacrament of Holy Communion includes:
- Provide sacramental preparation for parents and children.
- Provide sacramental preparation that is separate and distinct from parish Religious Education classes.
- Notify the communicant’s place of Baptism so that it can be noted in the Baptismal register.
- Parent Meeting
- Parent/student preparation sessions
- Session 1 Wed. March 22nd 6:00pm in Parish Hall
- Session 2 Wed. April 5th 6:00pm in Parish Hall
- Retreat Sat April 22nd 9:00am-1:00pm in Parish Hall
- First Communion Mass Sun April 30th 11:00am in Main Church